Cupcake Decorating: Vintage Designs
Categories: cupcakes cakepops
The retro vibe is all the rage in fashion, hair and makeup, and how you can bring the same sumptuous designs to your cupcakes!
In this 2.5 hour class, you’ll learn the following techniques:
- Create your own vintage colour scheme
- Work with paste colours and metallic paints
- Cover cakes perfectly with fondant
- Experiment with embossing techniques
- Use silicone moulds to create vintage brooch/button shapes
- Sculpt bows, pearls, flowers, and other shapes
- Decorate with dragees, glitter and more!
At the end of the workshop, you’ll take home a box of your own delicious creations! We will also have cake decorating materials available for purchase after the workshop.
All materials provided, including vanilla and chocolate cupcakes and a windowed box to transport your masterpieces home in safely. You’ll also take home recipes for cupcakes and buttercream icing, plus tips for successful baking and decorating.
- Level: All levels
Want this workshop? Contact us and we’ll try to set up another one soon.
Charlotte White has been tipped by Wedding magazine as ‘the next big thing in the world of bridal baking.’ Her company, Restoration Cake, specialises in bespoke wedding cakes with a flair for the dramatic. Charlotte is a fan of all things vintage and is a regular contributer to Vintage Life magazine.